Today during class I worked on a few picture projects. I started off class looking through my cattle pictures my parents or I had taken of my brother and I in the show ring. Then, I went to final drive photography (people who take all show pictures) and looked through their pictures to find the ones of me and Caleb. I got 2 pics of me that I edited in camera raw and then used the patch tool to edit some unwanted stuff out of the back ground. I also used camera raw on the pictures of Caleb, I used a Radial filter on his face to sharpen it and make it more clear, because I love his show face. I am saving today after school and hopefully won’t be back until next Friday or Monday!
Today we went to career center. We worked on employability lessons and then took a test over it and communication skills. When I got back to class I started working on Laurens business cards agin. I made them purple and did a different doe goat with a design underneath on the front. On the back I put a different doe goat and I also changed the colors to [purple there too. The screenshots of my work are posted below.
Today I worked on another business card. I had told my friend that I had made a business card for myself and she wondered if I could make on for her moms goat business. I am not near done with it but I am working on it. I have edited the goat on the from a bunch and made it have a brown head and a white stripe. I added stokes too the name of their business also. On the back I added a bunch of texts and a black goat figure. I used the horizontal type tool and put their name down the sides of the card. I have screenshots of my work during the process and then what I have come out too as of right now.
Today was one of about 3 days I will be in school this month. I leave Thursday after school and don’t come back until the week after spring break from showing my cattle at OYE. But, I worked on a couple projects today. First I decided to make the ear tag on my business card purple instead of making it white. After that Lauren Lancaster had asked if I could make her a jacket design for their farm. So I made multiple designs and emailed them to her. I used a couple drawings of cattle and goats and then a pair of pictures both just as references because the company that does the jacket will have different designs. I added a border around one and then I added a little design in the middle of another one. I thunk I like the one with the border on the outside the best.
Today I worked on a business card. I made a 3.5 x 2 in card for my “Sneary Farms” cattle business, and I think it turned out pretty good. I put my logo I had made the other day on the front of the card and then put phone numbers, address and email on the front. On the back I put what our cattle operation consists of and a few other little bits of information. I added a white cattle ear tag and put my name on it. On the sides I used the vertical typing tool and put Sneary Farms which I thought looked pretty cool. I plan to take my design to the NWOSU print shop and get them printed!
Today I worked on multiple projects. I was first late to class by a few minutes but I got started right away. I got a few picture my mom had taken of my cattle and I showing and slightly edited them. I used camera raw filters and tried to sharpen them just a little. I also worked on a couple pictures of a little white bull I raised. I cropped the images, used a camera raw filter and I also edited a cow out of the background. For the rest of class I wanted to try and make a logo for just a Radom cattle company so I could get good and making them. I had seen some Facebook the other day and I would really like to learn how to male them and edit them to look really cool, I posted a picture if what one of them looked like below. BeforeAfterBeforeAfter
I was gone to the Woodward District livestock show today. I placed 4th with my heifer, 2nd with my other heifer, 3rd with my Hereford steer and then I was 11th overall with my black steer and made the premium sale.
I was gone today to the Woodward District livestock show.
Today I worked on my Sneary Farms logo and put a better calf on there because I had hand drawn the last one and it was a little shaky. I put the calf on the picture and moved things around to make it look cool. Then when I was finished I went back to a Grand Drive poster I had made a while back and did a little editing and made it a little more different. I put “Sneary Farms” at the bottom and changed the text font that said what is pedigree is to a colleged font, and I also made his name to a 12 pt larger font. I was thinking about going and printing some copies of this somewhere to take to the livestock show with me tomorrow and Wednesday so I can hang them up.
Today because of hazardous weather we started class at 9 a.m. So when we arrived at class we didn’t have as much time as usual. I had seen a cattle logo I really liked on instagram the other day and wanted to try and make it. So I had to kind of free hand a calf and erase my nasty edges and then I added my name and farms with either lines or barbwire below. I am actually really pleased with how it looks. I plan to work on it more on Monday when I am back to class.